We are so excited to announce that we have expanded our Parents as Teachers Program!
We now have 3 part-time Certified Parent Educators.
Families that have children ages birth to 5 years are
eligible to participate. We also provide prenatal visits!
Why enroll in Parents As Teachers?
- You are your child's first teacher and your home is your child's first classroom.
- Your baby will learn more during the early years than any other time in life.
- Parents as Teachers can help you lay a strong foundation for your child's future success in school.
- Parents as Teachers is offered at no cost to all interested parents.
Benefits of Parents As Teachers:
Studies indicate that the Parents as Teachers program produces lasting benefits for children and families.
- PAT children are significantly more advanced in language, problem solving and social development at age 3.
- PAT children have significantly higher scores on reading and math standardized tests than children not participating in the program.
- Parents stay more involved in their child's education, both at school and at home.
- Parents have more confidence in their parenting skills and knowledge.
Program Services ( All Services are provided FREE by Certified Parent Educators):
- Personal Visits: Parent Educators, who are specially trained in child development, make personalized home visits.
- Group Connections: Group meetings provide a time to meet other parents and enjoy learning activities with your child.
- Screenings: Developmental screenings are offered to assess your child's overall development as well as health, hearing and vision.
- Referral Network: PAT helps link families to other community resources.
Please return completed forms to school or call:
Taneyville School at (417) 546-5803 for more information.
Having fun with the mirror in the PAT room